It is currently 18 May 2024, 18:33

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Barryweiss (Mage) Application 

Hi Guys and Girls,

Please see my application form below and whisper me in game if you have any further questions.

Your Character:

Name: Barryweiss
Race: Goblin
Level & Class: 100/Mage
Played Time (/played) (Both for your current level and total): Total: 27 days 14hrs, At 100: 13 days 10hrs
Professions: Enchanting and Tailoring (Max).

Your real life age: 26
Your name and nationality (share if you like ): Laurie: British

WoW in general:
Any references? People you know who are in Excession/met in-game (and tell them to post after your application to convince us ):

Hmm. Difficult question to answer. I have played since vanilla (rehab was my first guild) but took a back seat after cata. The changes critted me, as they did to many other long time players. At this time I was an active member of the guild 'homunculus' and my mains were:

Tyranical: Warrior: (100 days /played)
Xanten: Druid: (22 days /played)

It is worth noting that the decision to leave was homunculus wide: I didn't leave my bro's hanging!

I rejoined wow September (ish) 2015, mostly to show my GF what wow was all about in an attempt to relive some of the fun old times. Since joining I have been boosting her through the 'Laurie tutorial' and feel now I can focus on my own toon, leaving hers to slowly update :)

So. Long vague answer. In sum: I'm sure some people will remember Tyranical and homunculus, however as most of these people are playing alts, I couldn't tell you for certain. My one reference would be Blinddog (Agnus Dei). This guy has played for as long as me, perhaps longer, and was the source of my first positive wow memory. A long time ago, in a galaxy far away, I was grinding the 1000g to get a mount (when this was a challenge). Perhaps 2007-2008ish? Blind saw me and offered a loan. I gratefully accepted and spent the next 3months (ish) paying him back via individual mails containing cash amounts ranging from silver to gold. I know it sounds silly, but the initial trust extended my way, and my subsequent routine of earning then paying my dues, was a fun time for me.

Your previous guilds in WoW:

Rehab
homunculus

Your reasons for leaving those guilds:

Rehab: Politix
homunculus: As mentioned above, guild disbanded due to overwhelming game change. We still speak on FB though :)

Sort the following activities in the order of your preference:

- PvE
- PvP
- Crafting/Harvesting
- Leveling Alts

The list is already in order! It's like you read my mind.

Tell us something about yourself (impress us! We like people with a good sense of humor): Hmm. Well I have both a BSc and an MSc and write qualifications for a living. Sounds a little dry- sure. BUT it gets interesting when, for example, you are invited to Aesthetic Medicine shows :)

Hobbies: Scuba Diving. I am a dive leader in training so can teach yall how to swim with the fishies.

Dream: Own an island, build my own house and escape the angry people of Britain!

Your reasons for wanting to join us/ambitions as a player (casual raider):

Casual raider seems to describe me best: I want to join an active, friendly guild in preparation for Legion. If Legion ignites my raiding fires, I may reassess this activity level. 100days on my old main should suggest my no-lifer potential.

For those who apply as raiders:

Spec you will be raiding as: Frost as mage, Anything as warrior.
Your offspec (if you think it to be useful): NA

Gear Link (from official wow-armory site or from other sites that evaluate your gear):http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/korgall/Barryweiss/simple

Former experience in end game raiding (including classic/tbc/wotlk):

Vanilla: TBH I loved ZG. By far my favourite instance. A place all the hippies could hang out and lurk lazily. So, cleared this instance and had a great time not getting mounts.
TBC: Up to SSC Vashj. As a guild, we weren't sporty enough to have the hand eye coord for catching...
WOTLK: 50% ICC, 50% Ulduar (plus lesser). It was about this time that our players were becoming more casual (me included).

An aside: Jahjah may be remembered by some of you. He was in homunculus with me and we were pretty tight. Again, another lost soul.

Your raiding availability (Do you have school/work that can sometimes get in the way of raiding?):

Please write down how frequent you can attend the raids at the following days and which times at those days you are able to raid:
Monday: Infrequent. I don't get back from work until 7pm and then need to talk to the gf at least a little!
Thursday: As above
Sunday: Cool beans. Can do. Sundays are for raiding and pubbing.

We will use Ventrillo as means of communications during raids. Are you able to use it?: Yup. Think it (or TS) are still installed on this computer somewhere.

Are you able/willing to re-spec to appropriate PvE-specs for guild raids (yes/no)? OFC. It is so easy now to spec juggle.

Afterthought: If I am successful with the above application, and raiding in Legion takes off, I hereby commit to buying a gaming rig to boost my potential. Its on the cards. I just need an excuse :) Hope the wall of text wasn't too overwhelming. I think this process is proving to me that I have also missed the social aspect of a guild.

Peace and love.

07 May 2016, 13:21
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]